Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mantra - Give It All You Got



I was traveling for work last week and a friend who lives in town invited me to a hot yoga class she has been going to. First off, I was ecstatic to get back to hot yoga since I had not gone since completing The Ultimate Reset. More importantly, the yoga teacher said something interesting that I will keep with me for a long time. More or less, she pointed out a workout only lasts "x" number of minutes. Give it all you got for that time period and leave knowing you couldn't possibly have done more. If your mind is elsewhere during your workout or you only give half an effort, you will leave feeling unsatisfied.

I think that is a great piece of advice! So often I find my inner voice complaining or whining and I give in. Before I know it, the workout is over and I *know* I could have given more. I tried to apply this 'give it all you got' mentality to my run the next day. I knew, total, I only had to run 25 minutes, and then I would be done with the workout. I ended up cutting about 10 secs off my normal pace! And by having this mentality on a consistent basis, I know I will only get stronger. This can apply to any workout or challenge you are taking on right now - push yourself! You can do it, I believe in you!

1 comment:

  1. thankyou for this! with dealing with a chronic illness that knocks me down totally every now and then for a few days, i think the mental mentality is what really effects me the most more then the physical! I will keep this little saying in my mind also! today was a good day btw :-)

    ReplyDelete