Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Snack Time at the Movies

"I don't know about you, but whenever I go to the movies I really crave s'mores!"

Ok, so maybe I was lacking a bit of sleep this past weekend since I was watching after my 1-year old nephew, but I'm pretty sure I heard this quote right. I was expecting "popcorn" or "candy" to come at the end of that sentence. S'mores? I want to know what movie theater this person goes to!

I cannot remember the name of the show or the host for the life of me (I blame a sleep deprived Laura!) however I do remember the concept of her show was to come up with reduced cal versions of foods we all love. Since she loves to have s'mores while at the moves (still trying to figure that one out) she came up with this alternative:

2 c popped kettle corn
10 chopped up tootsie rolls
1/2c cinnamon toast crunch or similar cereal
1/2c mini marshmallows

Basically you put everything in a bag and shake it all up and keep on hand or sneak into the movie theater with you. I made a few tweaks:

2 c popcorn (not kettle)
1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1/2c cinnamon toast crunch
1/2c mini marshmallows



It is a very tasty treat, not too high in calories if you are watching that sort of thing, and a lot less messy than a real s'more if you would like to indulge while watching your favorite flick! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That cinnamon toast crunch might take it over the top for me. :( My kids love that cereal! I think the sugar content is a bit too high for me. :( can I squirt agave in the bag of stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could use graham crackers and break them up into bite size pieces in place of the cinnamon toast crunch! The cooking show used kettle corn and I switched to plain popcorn otherwise I thought it would be too sweet!

    ReplyDelete