Saturday, January 26, 2013

Workout: Leg Day!

I have had a few people ask what the heck I do when I go to the gym. To be honest, some days I would rather stay home & workout, but getting to the gym gets me FOCUSED and INSPIRED to give my all. As I say that, I try to design my workouts using minimal equipment, so that if I am stuck at home I have NO EXCUSES to not work out!

Here is a Leg Day workout that should take ~40 minutes!


Obviously if you are doing this at home, you may not have access to an elliptical or stair stepper. But I bet you have access to some sidewalk and some real stairs! Improvise :)

Description
Walking lunges - 20, holding 8-10lb weights
Sumo Squat - Spread your feet wide, with toes facing out at 3 and 9 o'clock. Squat. Raise up on your tippy toes to flex your calves. Release. Stand up. Do 10-15.
Straight Leg Deadlift - The most important thing here is to keep your back flat! Reach to the floor (like you are stretching your hammies) and pick up a barbell or 2 dumbells weighing 20-30lb total. Lift, keeping your back flat, until the weights reach mid-calf to knee. Lower & repeat. 10-15 reps
Lunges on Bosu - Step foward onto a bosu and lunge. Great for core stability! Do 20, holding 8-10lb weights
Bridge on medicine ball - Place your heels on a medicine ball and raise your hips to be flat. Lower, keeping abs contracted. Do 20 reps.
Goblet squat - Hold a 8-10lb weight in front of your chest. Squat, keeping weight at chest level, and rise up. Do 10-15 reps.

Repeat 2-3 times!

So, let me know, is this helpful to you? Would you like me to post more of my workouts? Tell me what you're thinking in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Online Fitness Coach

    ReplyDelete