Monday, May 28, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset - Day 22: Life After the Reset

Day 22! I graduated! First of all I want to give a shout out to my support team, Hazel, Katie, and Sean - without y'all I would have thrown the towel in early on! Thanks for being rockstars :)

I am meeting with my personal trainer later this week and after that I will be able to post all of my final results. I like to have her measure me since so that the measurements are consistent. I can't wait to share my final results & before/after pics! Ok, maybe I'm not super thrilled about the 'before' pictures but hopefully sharing my story will inspire others to take on a health challenge of their own. That's what its all about - sharing the information I have gained & hopefully inspiring others to do the same!

To be honest, I was a little nervous about going into this week. The UR guide gives general ideas of what to do in weeks 1, 2, etc after the reset but I was so worried about undoing all the hard-work I have done the past 21 days! I am also gearing up for starting a TurboFire/Chalean Extreme hybrid program, and want to make sure I am incorporating the optimum combination of fat/protein/carbs. Anyways, here is what I ate today!

Started off the day with some steel cut oats with 1/2 a banana, agave nectar, and cinnamon. This was my first try of steel cut oats and I give them a thumbs up! I made enough for my parents and I since I was home for the holiday weekend. They are looking to shake up their eating habits so it was great to be able to share this meal with them! They also got to see me prepare some of the UR meals this weekend - and liked the idea of eating less foods that are processed! How cool!

Hearty Breakfast

My fiance and I were going to go out to lunch today to celebrate the end of the Reset. In the plan they say if you have to eat out, find a vegan/vegetarian restaurant because these types of places will be most likely to accommodate your dietary needs. That works for me - I have lots of favorite vegan restaurants in and around Detroit (where I was visiting this weekend). Unfortunately they were ALL closed for the holiday - all 3 of my favorites! Instead, I decided just to make my favorite meal from one of the restaurants - Enchiladas Calabaza. These enchiladas are squash or pumpkin filled and seriously are so yummy! I have made this dish before, but never when I was vegan. I was able to find Daiya (the best vegan cheese!) to make this dish completely vegan friendly!

Enchiladas Calabaza


Lastly dinner - and a tip! I find cooking to go much smoother if you just have everything prepped and ready to go. This way, you won't be scrambling around for missing ingredients while your creation is burning on the stove-top.

Let's do this.

Today's dinner was pretty simple, I was really just craving some fresh veggies! I did a stir-fry with broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, and red pepper. I used about a tablespoon of coconut oil to caramelize some onions, added the veggies with some garlic & ginger and then finished it off with Bragg's & Nori Gomasio! All done in about 7 minutes!

Stir-fry Veggies

 Be sure to check back tomorrow - my Reset Graduation present to myself is scheduled to arrive! I can't wait :)
I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend and that you were able to spend some time with family and friends! Most of all thanks to those who have served so we can enjoy all the freedoms of this great country we live in. I am PROUD to be an American!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Interested in Beachbody's Ultimate Reset? For more information click here!
http://myultimatereset.com/LauraLou831

13 comments:

  1. Laura this was awesome and so inspirational. I love reading your blogs. Keep up the awesome work cant wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Enchiladas Calabaza looks interesting. So what is in the red sauce? Is it tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sean - the red sauce is an enchilada sauce I pick up from a grocery store we have here (Kroger). It's their brand. I mix that with a little bit of medium salsa for a kick!

    Katie - I use this recipe & make a few tweaks:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/enchiladas-calabaza-seva-183155/

    1. I only use 8 fajita size tortillas
    2. I use vegan cream cheese (tofutti) and cheese (daiya)
    3. I mix 1/4c of medium salsa with 1/2c of enchilada sauce

    It's pretty simple! And so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hat goes off to people that are vegans. My cousin is a vegan and I remember when she was a vegetarian and then became vegan. I'm gonna share your site w/your recipes. I know she wld love this. I'm trying to ease my way into being vegetarian one step at a time. I dont eat pork or beef but I do eat fish and chicken.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Angela! I was also vegetarian for several years before going vegan. I made the decision to become a vegetarian in college. I was never a fan of beef, pork, or turkey so really I just had to cut out fish & chicken. I gave up one at a time, so I wouldn't be completely clueless on what to eat! I also looked into veg cookbooks to get some new ideas. Some of my favorite authors are Nava Atlas, Isa Moskowitz, Terry Romero, and Chloe Coscarelli!

      Delete
    3. Great Job. Like your site design.

      Delete
  4. I am getting hungry just looking at the food. I have been on the fence about the Ultimate Reset because I thought the food options were limited. It does not look that way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the food on the reset. I think there was one meal I did not like (Avocado-Cucumber soup). I was vegan even before the Reset, so it was nice to have some new recipes to try out! I will say though that week 3 felt a little repetitive for me - always fruit for breakfast, always a salad for lunch. Maybe my willpower was breaking down a little :) Overall though the food was great and taught me some good eating habits!

      Delete
  5. Nice job on finishing the reset!! Looking forward to your follow ups now that your done with the reset! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming soon! I am proud of what I accomplished!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on graduating! That's an awesome accomplishment.

    www.kristenvatt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting thru the reset Can't wait to try this myself soon!

    Chris

    www.purededication.net

    ReplyDelete