Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Food Challenge!

Confession - I have been stuck on the scale and it is frustrating! I don't think I have lost any weight since before Christmas. I guess on the flipside, I haven't gained any either, but I still think its time to switch some things up!

I was really inspired by my online fitfam taking on all sorts of challenges in February. They are committed to keeping the momentum going from their fresh starts in January! Some are doing a 'clean-eating' month, others are taking weeks off of sugar, and there is a whole #hastag movement for #yogaeverydamnday!

So my commitment to myself (and to you!) is to take charge/responsibility for what I am eating. I know the little snacks here and there are adding up in calories, and I especially struggle at work with mindless snacking! As the old saying goes, if you bite it, write it! I don't do well with food journals, so I'm going to go with if you eat it, tweet it! Or something like that...basically, I'm going to commit to a photo log of what I eat every day. I hope it keeps me accountable. Maybe it will inspire someone to try a new dish. And along the way, I'll be sharing my recipes! Yay!

Here is Day 1, which happens to be February 5th, so I may carry this challenge into March :)


Pre-Workout Snack: 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp Almond Butter
Breakfast: Cheerios, the other 1/2 banana, & almond milk
Morning Snack: Chai Tea & a Spiced Pumpkin Pie Cliff Bar
Lunch: Stir-fry Veggies, 1/2c black beans, 1/4c brown rice
Afternoon Snack: Carrots & homemade Hummus, Clementine (I didn't realize how orange this meal was until I took the photo ha!)
Dinner: Butternut Squash Enchiladas (they had kidney beans in them, and I added some Daiya to one!)
Late Night Snack (I promise this won't be a regular thing): Itsy Bitsy Soy Mocha from Biggby. I have a sweet tooth, I admit it. I'm trying to break that habit!

So, tell me, how are YOU going to CHALLENGE yourself this month?

♥L

No comments:

Post a Comment