Tuesday, May 21, 2013

LM Combat: Day 2

I woke up today and my arms & shoulders are sore! A great sign that change is already happening :)

Day 2's workout(s) consisted of HIIT: Power and Inner Warrior. HIIT stands for "High Interval Intensity Training" and alternates between strength training and plyometrics to get your heart rate soaring! This workout reminded me a bit of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workouts that I did with some friends a few months ago. If you like JM's workouts, you would like this!


This sweat is no joke.

The HIIT: Power workout also clued me in to how much I stink at doing burpees! Confession! I despise burpees. I usually avoid them if I'm doing an at-home DVD and use that time for a water break. But I want to change my mindset. I want to get better. So I'm adding something to my 60 day goals:


1. Lose 10-12 lbs (this is a combination of losing fat & putting on some muscle!)
2. Do 15 'real' push-ups in a row (I have zero upper body strength!)

3. Do 2 sets of 8 Burpees in a row! No cheats!

Inner Warrior is described in the fitness guide as a "Martial Arts-based strength and flexibility training to enhance your balance, coordination, and strength". I was thinking yoga. Les Mills was thinking "I'm going to make your legs shake until you want to cry".The last 6-7 minutes of the program was pure stretching however and that felt great!

I've ordered a heart rate monitor to get a true read on how many calories I am burning during these sessions. It should arrive later this week & is supposed to hook up with my Nike Sportswatch. I also have a friend coming over Thursday to workout with me. Working out is always more fun with a buddy. So grab someone - your mom, your brother, your spouse, or your neighbor - and get out!

♥L

No comments:

Post a Comment