Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Travel Tip Tuesday - Visit a Grocery Store!

As a young professional, I was pretty excited to land a job which requires me to travel to other shops & suppliers from time to time. However traveling can make it difficult to stick to your regular workout & meal plan. I travel up to one week per month, and needed to find ways to travel while on a fitness plan. Tuesdays I will share with you tips & tricks I've picked up along the way!

Visit A Grocery Store

One of the things I find most difficult when traveling is sticking to a meal plan - especially traveling as a vegan! Unfamiliar grocery stores & planned business dinners make it hard not to blow your meal plan. My tip this week is to head up to a grocery store after checking into your hotel. Most hotel rooms have a fridge & access to a microwave. You can pick up items from the store, like fresh fruits & veggies, to make a healthy breakfast & lunch each day.

For instance I spent less than $20 on this:

Spring Mix, Instant Rice, Nuts, Salad Dressing

in order to make this:


Lunchtime Salad: 380 cal / 8g fat / 60g carb / 12g protein / 10g fiber

I have enough for 4 servings - it may be repetitve, but I have lunch covered for the week! I also picked up almond milk to mix with my Shakeology and fresh fruit & some granola bars for snacks.

If you're anything like me in the morning, you are slow to get moving. Pack Shakeology and bring a shaker bottle and breakfast can be done in less than 2 minutes! If you don't have to worry about luggage size, you can even pack your Magic Bullet, pick up some fruit, and make a quick smoothie in the morning - the perfect way to start your day off right!

4 comments:

  1. Such a good tip! I travel every week and found it can be tough to stick to a nutrition plan. I have a travel cooler that I pack my meals in when I travel, but I also rely on grocery stores near my hotel to keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tip!!! And that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely a tip worth sharing about going shopping. Shakeology & my bullet has been my saving grace many days being out and about.

    ReplyDelete