Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 18 - Finding the Positive

One of my motto's has always been "Sunny is a state of mind, not a weather pattern!". I once wrote it down at work one day, put a happy carebear sticker on it, and gave it to a co-worker who was in a bum mood. She still has it up in her cube!

The point is that your mood is what you make it. I have had a lot of things thrown at me lately, especially at work, but I can't let these things get me down. I have the choice to react to a situation in a positive or negative way. I can only control my internal reaction and not the external factors surrounding me.

I have said it earlier in the Reset, but I am really noticing how I comfort myself with food when faced with a stressful situation. Whether it is wanting to go get the largest latte I can find, or taking an extra half hour at lunch to go eat out instead of what I brought, I run to food a lot more than I realized. I am super happy with my physical results on the program so far (down 10lbs!) but even if this wasn't the case, I am learning lessons that I can take with me even after the Reset is done!

So what are your triggers? How do you react? Remember your mood is how you make it! Choose to be sunny - it definitely rubs off on others!


Day 18 Pictures
Dinner - I wasn't sure how I would feel about roasted fennel reading the recipe. It does have a licorice-like flavor, but in a good way. Steamed asparagus & broccoli are good as always!

My perfect-tea maker came! If you have been following me on this journey, this was one of the gifts to myself for completing the reset. I realize I am only on day 18, but I decided to buy something I have had my eye on for awhile to celebrate the end of the Reset. It should be here Tuesday! Can't wait to share what it is :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Interested in Beachbody's Ultimate Reset? For more information click here!
http://myultimatereset.com/LauraLou831

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this post, Laura. Thank you for posting about your UR journey : )

    ReplyDelete