Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 12 - Learning About Myself!


I didn't get to blog yesterday (day 12) but I really wanted to share with everyone things I have been learning about myself throughout this reset.

Yesterday was a tough day for me at work. I came in at 7am (early, with the hopes of leaving early) to an email about an extremely urgent issue requiring a process I had never lead on my own. Of my team of 4, one is out on vacation travel, one does not get in until 9 and one was scheduled to leave at 11am for her daughter's graduation lunch. Immediately, stress hit. To make a long story short, our team forged ahead and got through the issue. Many thanks to them for their hard work and effort to help me learn in this situation.

I noticed something though, during the day. Every time I had a two second mental break I kept thinking "I want a frappuccino"..."I want french fries"....etc. Pre-reset, my Friday 'tradition' was to go to Starbucks after work and get a frappuccino. I used to think of this as a reward or celebration of getting through the week. Yesterday made me realize that stress triggers my cravings for comfort food. This is HUGE for me. In the past however many years of my life (probably since college started) I have NEVER made this connection. And its my commitment to the Reset that helped me realize it.

Another thing I have learned on this journey is to eat when you're hungry. Sure there are a few days that my stomach is growling before dinner, but I drink 8-12oz of water and it helps subside that feeling until it is time to eat. I look at the meal plans each day and sometimes think "that's it??" but really we are getting a balanced diet of 1400-1600 calories each day. That is around what I eat normally, but this is WHOLE foods packed full of nutrients that provide energy and help keep me fuller longer.

I guess my big takeaway is to learn to listen to your body. Going through a Reset is an excellent way to do this. Your body knows whats up, take its advice!

Photo: http://www.theeconomicaleater.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Interested in Beachbody's Ultimate Reset? For more information click here!
http://myultimatereset.com/LauraLou831

2 comments:

  1. Great observation Laura. I find my self drinking coffee because when I am stressed. I am unable to click on your link as it is not clickable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sean it should work now! You should also be able to click on the word "here". Anyways - it should redirect you to my coach page for The Ultimate Reset :)

    ReplyDelete