Monday, May 7, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 1 - The Reset Begins!

Feeling - Good, somewhat tired
Weight - 158.6
Water Intake - 84 oz

Day 1 is in the books! I woke up excited and ready to go. After staring at the supplement guide for what felt like the 100th time, I took my first supplements of the day and got to work making breakfast/getting ready for work.

This is probably the best breakfast I've had in a long time:

Tofu scramble, steamed kale, whole grain bread


Super filling, the wholeness & simpleness of the ingredients was refreshing. I felt like this would give me energy & last me well into lunchtime.

I was most worried about craving coffee today, being that I am in an office full of coffee addicts and I looooove the smell of coffee. I was able to resist the cart of coffee rolled into my 8:30am meeting, and when my co-worker and I made our usual Starbucks run, I opted for green tea. I needed to drink something other than water.

Speaking of which. Water. Lots of water. I used to think I did well to hydrate myself daily, but I am beginning to realize I never came close even to 64oz that is recommended! This afternoon I made some jazzy ice cubes to perk up my water for tomorrow:

Chop up lemons & limes
Add water & freeze!


Dinner was also very yummy. I was surprised at how much flavor the marinade gave this tofu. I wasn't expecting a lot with the ingredients, but I was pleasently surprised.

Marinated & baked tofu, steamed lemony asparagus & boiled baby potatoes


Right now I am feeling good, tired (but it is 10:45 pm) and I have a small headache. I am sure the caffeine withdrawl will hit soon. As far as the supplements go, I just have two thoughts. I find it interesting we are basically adding salt to all the water we are drinking. Luckily it is not too strong where it feels like you are drinking an ocean. Also, despite my <3 for all things green, Alkalinize gave me some trouble this afternoon. I searched the forums for some tips and tomorrow I'm going to try a supplement shot - lick of Himalayan salt, shot of Alkalinize, suck on a lemon. I hope for the best!

Until tomorrow! Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Interested in Beachbody's Ultimate Reset? For more information click here!
http://myultimatereset.com/LauraLou831

2 comments:

  1. The ice cube lemon / lime thing looks interesting. So do you add water to the ice tray to make an actually ice cube or do you simply freeze the citrus as is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sean, I add water and freeze. Then I drop them in my water as ice cubes. Its not much different than dropping the lemons and limes in there directly...but it looks fun! :)

    ReplyDelete