Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 8/9 - Bring on the Detox...

Weight Day 8: 154.2 (-4.2 lbs) 
Feeling: Slightly cranky!
Water Intake: 104-112oz each day

I have graduated on to phase 2 of the reset, which means I get the pleasure of drinking this awesome stuff 3 times a day:



Yeah. No fun. Makes alkalinize taste like candy! At first I thought it was the texture getting to me, but really I think it is the smell. I can't quite place what is off to me about the smell, but last night (day 8) I contemplated not eating dinner just so I wouldn't have to drink this stuff!

Also I was hoping that this stuff would get things moving! I have felt pretty bloated since week 1 and have not been as regular as normal. Thank goodness for the support groups that Beachbody set up through Facebook. Did some posting & reading on there and feel assured that my problem should go away soon (sorry if this is TMI - I'm just trying to be honest!)

Overall, I am feeling good. From time to time I feel physically tired, but mentally I have felt really alert the past few days. I almost want to attribute being physically tired to all the stress I have in my life now. I need to get to yoga class or get a massage, I just have been short on time lately (and would honestly rather sleep - I love sleeping!). Also, I am accustomed to hot yoga, which seems it would be too taxing on my body right now. I might try to go through some poses tomorrow in my living room just for some deep breathing and mental relaxation.

Food! We all love food pictures :) Here are my dinners from the past 2 days:

Pinto Beans & Rice, Steamed Veggies

Sweet Potato & Roasted Red Pepper Bisque, Grilled Asparagus


The pinto beans & rice meal was not my personal fav, but it did have good flavor. I have seen a lot of people on the message boards say they really enjoy it. Its kind of ironic since I do beans & rice a lot for dinner normally, and these positive reviews are all coming from meat eaters :) It was also the second or third meal I've prepared at my apartment that my roommate has exclaimed 'OMG that smells SO good!' So maybe it does have potential!

I am still enjoying the simplicity of just steaming veggies, adding a little lemon and salt, and enjoying their flavor. I never thought before that steaming veggies is really a quick way to go. I usually buy canned veggies, heat on the stove, and eat. Yes, prepping fresh veggies takes a little more time (and a lot more room in your refrigerator) but I am really digging the flavors!

Until next time! Cheers!

P.S. I really want a cupcake.


1 comment: