Sunday, May 13, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 5/6/7 - Weekend Recap

Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend! I ended up going to support my fiance at his bodybuilding show in Ohio this weekend. I am proud to say he won 2nd in his class (Men's Open Tall) and best abs! He does natural bodybuilding and works very hard to achieve his goals! Have to brag on him a little :)



As far as the reset - I think I can honestly say this is the first time I have stuck to a diet, to a plan, to WHATEVER, when I have gone somewhere other than home for the weekend! There were MANY temptations this weekend (biggest one? French Fries) but I just kept telling myself, "It's only 21 days. You OWE this to yourself! 21 days! You can do it!" It's nice to have the support of my fiance, who is used to carrying his food around and saying 'no' to all the foods you want to eat when everyone else offers them to you. It took a bit more planning than usual, and I had to get over my insecurity of eating in front of people when they aren't eating, but I was able to stick to the plan - even out of state!

A few of my favorite meals from the weekend:

Roasted Root Medley

Zucchini-Cashew Soup with Dill


Today, of course, is mother's day. I got to spend some time with my soon to be in-laws and also got to see my mommy before returning home.

Check out what I started!

Salads for everyone!


I also started thinking about things for 'post-reset' life. I decided I want to reward myself for completing this challenge! I read in the cleanse materials you aren't supposed to pick your coffee habit back up right away. So while at the mall today, I stopped by the Teavana store and picked up some Java Mate (basically tea that tastes like coffee - and has 1/4 of the caffeine!). Right now I have a tea ball, but I think I'm going to pick up one of these to help with brewing. They use them in the store and they are so cool!



I have had my eye on this tank from lulu lemon for AGES. I've been taking a break from all intense working out, including hot yoga, so this will be great when I finally make it back to class!



I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Happy Mother's day to all the mom's I know!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh. You stopped at one of my favorite stores. Teavana! I just bought a new coffee/tea maker and itching to use it. :( I will try to wait until I am done with the Ultimate Reset to try it out. No coffee but tea. :) Congrats on sticking with the program Laura.

    ReplyDelete